Friday, September 14, 2012

2 Weeks!!

In 2 short weeks I'll be on my way to Philadelphia to start my crazy adventure as a Peace Corps volunteer in Tanzania! My to-do list is shrinking and I've almost finished getting everything on my packing list... although I don't think I'll be completely convinced I have everything until I'm forced to board the plane and whatever I have is what I have...

I'll be spending these last few weeks in the States visiting friends and enjoying the New England fall. People have been asking me a lot about how I'm feeling about my departure, and honestly it changes every day. Some days I'm anxious to just get going, other days I'm a nervous wreck, freaking out about every little detail around packing. I'm also starting to make small life changes that I hope will help me adjust to life in Tanzania (re: diverting from my vegetarian ways). The other night I ate fish for the first time in 5 + years!!! Next step: chicken. I'm hoping that by subjugating my body to these types of foods now, my stomach will be slightly less shocked when it encounters Tanzanian food. I'm sure I'll be updating y'all to that lovely transition as well in the months ahead :)

I'm looking forward to sharing my adventure with y'all and I hope you enjoy my various musings along the way. I'll be posting my address soon so if anyone wants they can send me awesome letters :) Email is also great too!

But for now, I'm off to Vermont to take in as much Vermont-ness as I can before leaving!

No comments:

Post a Comment